Resurgence on the 4.2 PTR
What I found was the Same ol’ IWS talent as always.
Tonight when I logged on, I saw that Resurgence was now in the talent tree in the place where Improved Water Shield was last night.
While Water Shield is active, you recover mana when your direct healing spells have a critical effect. You regain 2293 mana from a Healing Wave or Greater Healing Wave critical, 1376 mana from a Healing Surge, Riptide, or Unleash Life critical, and 764 mana from a Chain Heal critical.
The surprising thing to me was seeing Unleash Life and Riptide included under the “faster” spells category alongside Healing Surge. That’s a nice buff.
Chain Heal receives less mana per crit but each jump that crits will award mana.
I played around with reforging a little bit and picked up quite a lot more crit rating on my gear at the expense of Spirit and a small amount of Mastery. I didn’t reduce my Haste from Alacran’s 4.1 levels. On live, I run about 2300 Spirit (not including trinkets). Expect to be able to reforge around 5% more crit onto your gear. (My Live Armory link is to the right side bar for comparison purposes).
When I logged onto my Copied character, my talents had been reset. Now I have to decide if I will take points out of TC or BotE in favor for Acuity. I might take 1 point out of each or just leave my Acuity the way it is with 1/3.
I plan to pull up one of my WoL parses and calculate how much mana I would gain from the new Resurgence based on these numbers. If it is greater than TC + IWS, I can probably spec out of it for 10’s purposes.
Other notes from PTR:
- Firelands Instance was down so I wasn’t able to get in.
- There were some people working on the PTR for adding the new Hyjal quests to Wowpedia.org. I didn’t do any of the quests however.
- Encounter Journal is very cool so far but it isn’t complete yet.
- I had a new title available which I selected and gathered quite a bit of attention with: Avenger of Hyjal.
- The new cast-lightning bolt-while-moving Prime Glyph doesn’t seem to be on the PTR yet. I am interested in possibly using it for TC. ;)