Healer Homework Challenge: Druid healing for Cho’gall 10N
Are you an EJ? Do you love to pore over parses? I have some Healer Homework questions for you! Are you shaman enough for the challenge?
Who we are: We’re the Dirty guild on Malfurion US. We raid 10’s and only raid 6 hours a week, Wednesdays and Sundays. We are a small, casual raiding guild.
What happened: We did our homework for Cho’gall and after one-shotting all of the underling bosses in BoT, we arrived for our first attempts ever.
I understand that the control of the adds wasn’t so good, our worshipping interrupts could have been better, and our DPS was low. The log of the 8 minute attempt is what caught my eye, because the resto druid healing done was so low while overheal was so high. How can we improve our team’s healing?
What we’re looking for here is constructive feedback and to help the healing team work better together. That means find a way of healing where all 3 of us are closer in healing output (High HPS and Low Overheal). I want Lurin’s heals to work with our team (the two other healers are Disc Priest, Klaytus, and Shaman, myself Alacran)
Lurin 8 minute Cho’gall attempt World of Logs – Dirty Malfurion-US
Howie 9 minute Cho’gall attempt (Fedonairjr) WoL – Unscrupulous Malfurion-US
Resto Druid healing tips by Cannot be Tamed
How to evaluate healers with World of Logs by Cannot be Tamed
Answer these Healer Homework Challenge questions and your answers will be featured in a follow-up post.
Your Healer Homework Challenge ?’s :
1. What are the healing tips for resto presented in the above guide? What should druids be casting? How is this affected by the presence of a disc priest and resto shaman on healing team? Does 10 play differently than 25?
2. Next, according to above article, how do we evaluate 1. by using WoL parses? What should we be looking for specifically from Resto Druid in above scenario (other healers, assignments, size of raid, encounter mechanics)?
3. Take a look at Lurin’s healing on WoL. What does she do well? What could she do better?
4. Take a look at Howie’s (Fedonairjr from Unscrupulous) healing on WoL. What does he do well? What could he do better?
5. How do the shaman and priests heals work in the context of having a resto druid? Is there anything they could be doing differently to play to the druids strengths?