4.1 Restoration Shaman Changes – Deep healing affecting all heals & Spirit Link Totem
I love PTR patch note season! It makes it so fun to keep an eye on mmo-champion.com and blue tracker.
According to Zarhym on the Patch 4.1 PTR notes blog post dated March 3
- Deep Healing now benefits all heals, not just direct heals.
- Spirit Link Totem (new talent) reduces damage taken by all party and raid members within 10 yards by 10%. This lasts 6 seconds, and every second it is active the health of all affected players is redistributed among them, such that each player ends up with the same percentage of their maximum health. This counts as an Air totem and has a 3-minute cooldown.
The change to our deep healing mastery will, I hope, clear up some of the doubts a lot of shaman had about which heals it affects and which ones it doesn’t.
Frequently asked questions about our mastery included:
- Does Mastery affect Healing Rain?
- Does Mastery affect Ancestral Awakening?
- Does Mastery work with Chain heal? If so, does it also affect each subsequent jump after initial hit?
Answers to FAQ’s about Mastery – Source LiG5 Vixsin on Mastery
1. Yes, it does.
2. Yes, but at 30% reduction. Possible double dip in 4.1?
3. Yes, it does. But does that mean intial or subsequent hits as well? I found two sources:
- Mastery affecting chain heal initial hit only (Oct 2010)- http://lifeingroup5.com/?p=1502
- http://totemforest.com/2011/02/21/mastery-and-chain-heal/ Says that it does affect jumps (more recent – Feb 2011)
With any luck – In 4.1, Deep Healing Mastery will affect all heals – including Earth Shield, Healing Stream totem, Riptide (Hot), Earthliving.
This could mean a significant boost to Earthliving Prime Glyph and Blessing of the Eternals talent.
For 10 normals, I’m currently Crit heavy. In 4.1, I will be looking at trading for some more Mastery if these changes hit live (and will try EL prime glyph and BotE talent!)
Do you raid 10’s Normal?
If so, how do you think mastery change will affect you?